A late-term abortion procedure at a clinic in Albuquerque, New Mexico, took the lives of 23-year-old Keisha Marie Atkins and her unborn baby.

When she was suspected to be at least six months pregnant, Atkins went in for a four-day late-term abortion procedure at Southwestern Women’s Options (SWO), the nation’s largest clinic that gruesomely specializes in abortions up to the ninth month of pregnancy.

Atkins entered the clinic on January 31 and died four days later, on February 3, at the University of New Mexico hospital, where she was transferred after complications.

LifeNews reports:

Atkins reported to SWO on January 31, 2017, for a four day late-term abortion procedure that was to be done by eighty-year old abortion facility owner Curtis Boyd. It is believed that Atkins was six months pregnant or more.

Four days later, on February 3, 2017, Atkins returned to SWO for the completion of the abortion where she displayed labored breathing and signs of sepsis, a systemic, life-threatening infection.

At 12:04 p.m. on February 3, an ambulance was called to transport Atkins to the hospital, but was later cancelled, raising questions of how and when Atkins actually received emergency medical help.

Once at the UNM Medical Center, Atkins’ condition deteriorated rapidly, prompting UNM staff to perform an emergency D&E abortion procedure to remove her baby through dismemberment.

During the procedure, Atkins suffered cardiac arrest. Efforts to revive her were unsuccessful, and she was pronounced dead at 12:10 a.m. on February 4, 2017.

UNM Office of the Medical Investigator determined that their autopsy report pointed to blood clots in the lungs, or “pulmonary thromboembolism due to pregnancy” as Atkins’ cause of death.

But pro-life group Operation Rescue, who is heading an investigation into the matter, believes this read of the autopsy is intentionally incorrect, a cover-up for the botched late-term abortion procedure at SWO that left Atkins dead. Notably, SWO just so happens to be UNM hospital’s “largest provider of aborted baby tissue and organs,” according to LifeNews.

“UNM is a biased promoter of abortion that is attempting to shift blame onto Atkins’ pregnancy, instead of the abortion, where the blame rightfully belongs,” said President of Operation Rescue Troy Newman. “Keisha Atkins and her family deserve the truth, not a cover-up. But with UNM and SWO, covering up their misdeeds has become standard operating procedure.”

“There is evidence that Atkins suffered from sepsis, a bacterial infection caused by the four-day abortion process, which brought about symptoms consistent with Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (DIC). Atkins suffered hemorrhaging in her brain, a buildup of fluid around her lungs, and other symptoms of DIC that the autopsy ignored,” notes LifeNews.

“We call on the New Mexico Attorney General to step up their criminal investigation, and we call on the State Medical Board to take a hard, honest look at Keisha Atkins’ death,” asserted Newman. “Curtis Boyd should be stopped from practicing, and the dangerous Southwestern Women’s Options should be shut down for good.”

Other pro-life leaders are calling for an investigation into the death of Atkins, too, and blasting those involved in the apparent cover-up.

“Coverups are as heinous as the crimes, and the crimes of the abortion cartel in New Mexico have been covered up for too many years,” slammed Father Stephen Imbarrato. “It is time for Hector Balderas to do his job or resign. It is time for the UNM Regents to do their jobs or resign. It is time for the New Mexico Medical Board to fully investigate Keisha’s death without bias.”

“We join the family of Keisha Atkins as they grieve her death from serious complications during a late term abortion at Southwestern Women’s Options. She was a 23-year old vibrant woman with her whole life ahead of her that was tragically cut short,” said Abortion Free New Mexico’s Tara Shaver. “For years we have worked to expose the barbaric nature of late term abortion in New Mexico and sought to bring accountability to the unregulated and unaccountable Abortion Cartel. Now more than ever, we need leadership in our city and state to take a bold stand and the necessary steps to prevent the needless deaths of women and their children through late term abortion.”

As reported by The Daily Wire in April, there was an apparent cover-up attempt from the abortion industry when 24-year-old Cree Erwin was left dead from a botched abortion performed at a Planned Parenthood facility in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

قالب وردپرس