HATERS AND FOOLS: Halfway Around The World, Trump Gets Weird On Twitter

If you thought President Trump wouldn’t have time for Twitter while he’s traveling across Asia and meeting with foreign leaders and attending world conferences, think again.

Trump met with Russian President Vladimir Putin while in Hanoa, Vietnam, for an Asia-Pacific conference. Afterward, he posted this on his Twitter page:

HATERS AND FOOLS: Halfway Around The World, Trump Gets Weird On Twitter
HATERS AND FOOLS: Halfway Around The World, Trump Gets Weird On Twitter

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Met with President Putin of Russia who was at #APEC meetings. Good discussions on Syria. Hope for his help to solve, along with China the dangerous North Korea crisis. Progress being made.
7:16 AM – Nov 12, 2017 · Vietnam
9,066 9,066 Replies 14,023 14,023 Retweets 66,464 66,464 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

But Trump also said in a press conference there that he believes Putin when the former KGB agent says he didn’t try to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Trump said he didn’t have time to watch TV, but clearly he was aware of the fallout from the mainstream media because he then posted:

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
When will all the haters and fools out there realize that having a good relationship with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing. There always playing politics – bad for our country. I want to solve North Korea, Syria, Ukraine, terrorism, and Russia can greatly help!
7:18 AM – Nov 12, 2017 · Vietnam
57,808 57,808 Replies 36,151 36,151 Retweets 143,304 143,304 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Does the Fake News Media remember when Crooked Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State, was begging Russia to be our friend with the misspelled reset button? Obama tried also, but he had zero chemistry with Putin.
7:43 AM – Nov 12, 2017 · Vietnam
32,083 32,083 Replies 25,606 25,606 Retweets 103,590 103,590 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
But the president was just getting warmed up. Somewhere between the time he left Vietnam and when he arrived in the Philippines, Trump decided to mix it up with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me “old,” when I would NEVER call him “short and fat?” Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend – and maybe someday that will happen!
7:48 AM – Nov 12, 2017 · Vietnam
121,530 121,530 Replies 236,222 236,222 Retweets 521,939 521,939 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Now, anyone who’s been in a battle of wits while in elementary school knows this old trick: Trump called Kim short and fat but by saying he would NEVER call him short and fat.

That last posting was retweeted more than 175,000 times and drew more than 100,000 comments, like this:

12 Nov
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Tracy Rowland @Tracy_Rowland
Perhaps your most tween tweet ever. Friends? What do you think friendship actually is? Cause what you’ve been tweeting ain’t friendly.
2:49 PM – Nov 12, 2017
513 513 Replies 526 526 Retweets 15,099 15,099 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
12 Nov
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Fred Miller @freddyjet2016
And you are the President of the United States. How low can you go?
8:05 AM – Nov 12, 2017
11 11 Replies 1 1 Retweet 77 77 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
12 Nov
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
CarrieContrary @csedgman
Are you seriously asking this, or did one of the grandkids just grab your phone? There’s NO WAY an adult tweets this. No way a President would ever tweet this.
11:10 PM – Nov 12, 2017
13 13 Replies 1 1 Retweet 44 44 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
And so on.

Say what you want, Trump has a way of controlling the news cycle — even when he’s 8,000 miles away.